Our efforts in bettering our sustainability initiatives include all functional areas of our operations, and to the greatest extent possible, our homes and the lives of our families. We, as a family, must do our part as “World Citizens” in order to help assure that ecological systems our grandchildren need for survival remain healthy. Every member of J.V. Manufacturing, Inc.’s associate family, including vendors, is tasked with helping us recognize new opportunities and with assisting with the development and implementation of remedies. Together we can make a difference, in our Company and in our world.
Some of our accomplishments to date:
- Required lights and equipment to be shut off when not in use, and installed light switch sensors throughout office and break rooms.
- Replaced lighting throughout our buildings with more efficient lights, thus REDUCING our electric usage by 11.63%. The quality of lighting improved in office areas by 37% and in production areas by 48%.
- Started replacing shop heaters with energy efficient radiant heaters.
- Purchasing Dept. is striving to cost effectively buy even more products made from RECYCLED material.
- Disposable drink cups replaced throughout the Company with permanent cups, diverting landfill waste through REUSE.
- Encourage REDUCED packaging from our suppliers. Motor boxes eliminated by building steel racks for transport from vendors.
- Scrap steel, copper, brass, pallets, toner cartridges, old computers/monitors, plastic, aluminum, paper, and cardboard are all recycled. Paint and hydraulic oil are recycled through programs with our suppliers.
- Encouraging employees to always RECYCLE at work and at home also.